Leader in Residence is a two-day conference highlighting both leadership and research in libraries. UBC Okanagan Library has hosted Leader in Residence since 2013. Each year a library leader is invited to speak on topics of interest to a wide variety of librarians and library staff members. These leaders have come from academic libraries, public libraries and governmental libraries. Keynote speeches have been recorded and are available through the UBC Open Library portal by searching “Librarian in Residence”. Attendees come from across the Okanagan to learn and share their experiences at this annual event.
Previous Leader in Residence Speakers:
- 2018: Gillian Byrne, Manager, Toronto Reference Library
- 2017: Terri Tomchyshyn, Department of National Defence, Government of Canada
- 2016: Pilar Martinez, Chief Executive Officer, Edmonton Public Library
- 2015: Margaret Haines, University Librarian, Carleton University
- 2014: Ernie Ingles, former Director, School of Library and Information Studies, and Chief Librarian and Vice-Provost, University of Alberta