The Library Service Desk is a welcoming space where students and faculty are invited to ask any question!
The Library Service Desk offers a wide range of services, including:
- Research assistance – Help with locating and evaluating books, articles and other types of information
- Citation assistance – Help with citing sources correctly
- Borrower services – The Library lends books, journals, magazines, course reserves, DVDs, and VHS. The Library provides Media Booking for classroom use
- Delivery services – The Library provides a Document Delivery service for items from UBC Vancouver and an Interlibrary Loan service for materials not held by UBC Library
- Technology lending – The Library lends laptops, adapters, calculators, cameras, headphones, and SmartBoard kits
- Technology assistance – Help with Connect, using the Library computers, printing, scanning, and iClickers
You will meet many people at the Library Service Desk, including:
- Library Assistants – Available during all open hours
- Librarians – Available on-call from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday to provide in-depth research assistance
- Librarians are also available by email and appointment
- Learning and Technology Assistants (LTAs) – Available from 9am-9pm, Monday-Friday and 10am-8pm on weekends. LTAs are UBC Okanagan students employed by the Library.
The Library Service Desk staff are dedicated to supporting all students and faculty in their studies and research. Part of the Library’s mission is to be “a proactive campus leader that delivers exceptional service in a vibrant learning space.” We look forward to meeting you!