The Library Service Desk is a welcoming space where students and faculty are invited to ask any question!
The Library Service Desk offers a wide range of services, including:
- Research assistance – Help with locating and evaluating books, articles and other types of information
- Citation assistance – Help with citing sources correctly
- Borrower services – The Library lends books, journals, magazines, course reserves, DVDs, and VHS. The Library provides Media Booking services for classroom use of DVDs
- Delivery services – The Library provides a Document Delivery service for items from UBC Vancouver and an Interlibrary Loan service for materials not held by UBC Library
- Technology lending – The Library lends laptops, adapters, calculators, cameras, headphones, and SmartBoard kits
- Technology assistance – Help with Canvas/Connect, using the Library computers, wireless, printing, scanning, and iClickers
You will meet many people at the Library Service Desk, including:
- Library Assistants – Available during all open hours
- Librarians – Available on-call from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday to provide in-depth research assistance; also available by email and appointment
- Peer Technology Assistants (PTAs) – Available from 8am-9pm, Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm on weekends.
All Library Service Desk staff are dedicated to supporting all students and faculty in their studies and research.