UBC Okanagan Library Technology Collection
Technology Borrowing Rules
- Free to borrow for UBC students, staff and faculty with a valid UBC ID card
- Technology loans are available on a first-come, first-served basis; there is no advance booking or renewals.
- All items must be returned in-person at the Library Service Desk.
- If items are returned late, fines will be charged.
- If items are lost, late fees and a replacement fee will be charged.
- Completion of a ‘Technology Borrower Agreement Form’ is required to borrow laptops, iPads and cameras.
- UBC Okanagan Library is not responsible for any damage to any device that might be caused by the use of items borrowed from our collection.
|Item||Loan Period||Fine Rate|
|Adapters||Dell USB-C |
Micro DVI to VGA
Mac Mini Display Port to VGA
Mac Mini DVI to VGA
|Cameras||Digital Cameras||3 days||$5/day|
iPhone charger (5/6/7)
Mac 60W MagSafe1
Mac 60W MagSafe2
Mac 85W MagSafe2
|Electronic Accessories||Computer Mouse with USB|
|Laptops: 24 Hours**||Dell E6440||1 day||$10/hour|
|Laptops: 7 days**||Dell E6430 & Lenovo||7 days||$20/day|
Whiteboard Marker Kits
**Laptops connect to the Internet through UBC Visitor and save your files externally before restarting. Software includes: Internet Browswers: Chrome, Explorer and Firefox, Acrobat Reader, File Zilla , IBM SPSS Statistics, Maple, Microsoft Office 2013 (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word), Notepad, PDFCreator.
The Library also has an Inclusive Technology Lab Collection that includes voice recorders, SmartPens, iPads, laptops, ergonomic mice and keyboards and more.