In addition to technology located in the Library, there are many items that can be borrowed from the Library Service Desk.
Laptops for Students
- The Library has 40 Laptops and 2 iPads for students to borrow.
- Each year, students must complete a Technology Borrowing Agreement Form. Valid UBC ID card and government photo ID are required.
- Overdue fines for the late return of laptops and iPads are charged at the rate of $10.00 per hour with a maximum fine of $200.00 and suspension of borrowing privileges.
Click the appropriate link to check current availability:
- Acrobat Reader, File Zilla, Google Chrome, IBM SPSS Statistics, Internet Explorer, Maple 2015, Microsoft Office 2013 (Access, Excel, InfoPath Designer, InfoPath Filler, Lync, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, SkyDrive Pro, Visio, Word), Microsoft Silverlite, Mozilla Firefox, Notepad, PDFCreator.
The UBC Okanagan Library also lends the following items to students, faculty and staff:
- Calculators (1-day loans)
- Cameras (3-day loans)
- Headphones (1-day loans)
- Mac adaptors for projector screens (maximum 6-hour loans)
- Chargers for phones & laptops (maximum 6-hour loans)
- Smart Board kits (2-hour loans)
- Whiteboard kits (2-hour loans; for in-library use)
- Inclusive Technology Lab Borrowing Collection