- Public Computers & Software
- Printing, Photocopying & Scanning
- Technology Support
- Connecting: Wireless & Off-Campus Access
- Other Technology: Including STAR Recording Studio & VideoConferencing Room
Public Computers & Software
There are 113 computers located in the Library: 11 Macs and 102 PCs.
- All computers are available for student use during Library hours. Please consult Computer Labs for a list of software available on Library PCs – the computers in the lab and in the central area are the same.
Additional computers are also available:
- Inclusive Technology Lab: 6 computers with assistive software
- UBC Innovation Library: 3 laptops (software list)
To use these computers, log in with your Novell account:
- Username: your student number
- Password: initial password is your birth date (MMDDYY)
For community users, guest access to Library computers is available.
Printing, Photocopying & Scanning
There are three black-and-white printers, two black-and-white photocopiers, one colour photocopier/printer and three scanners located in the Library for student use.
Add money to your printing account by clicking on the “Pay for Print” icon on the desktop and then select the “Student Deposit” tab. Set your photocopy PIN under the “Change Details” tab. Learn more with step-by-step printing instructions.
Printing costs 0.07 cents for black-and-white and 0.40 cents for colour. All printers default to double-sided printing.
Visit the UBC Copyright Guide to ensure that you are copyright compliant.
Peer Technology Assistants are student employees at the Library Service Desk who provide peer technology help with computer lab technology including printing, wireless, and troubleshooting. They also provide peer support for Connect/Canvas and iClickers, MS Office products and assistive technology, located in the Inclusive Technology Lab.
For technical questions about online Library resources, visit the Library Service Desk or complete the Library Electronic Resources form.
Connecting: Wireless & Off-Campus Access
- Wireless internet access in the Library is provided by UBC Okanagan’s IT, Media and Classroom Services. Learn more about connecting to wireless. Visit the Library Service Desk for student help with your devices.
- Login for off-campus access to the Library’s electronic resources.
- You can reset your Library PIN online, call the Library Service Desk at 250.807.9107 or visit the Library Service Desk in person.
- For CWL issues, contact UBC IT.
Other Technology: SmartBoards, Recording Studio, Digital Screens, Whiteboards and More
SmartBoards are available in two group study rooms: LIB 223 and 225. SmartBoard kits are available for borrowing at the Library Service Desk.
- Automated Video & Sound Studio – Room 123 (hosts 1 – 2 persons)
This easy to operate, intimate video and sound recording studio can be used in a variety of ways to capture your message with clarity and professionalism. Perfectly designed for the creation of video and voice over media related to research and development, promotion, story telling, teaching and learning support and much more. Studio 123 Instructions.
- Digital Media Suites –5 Mac stations
These Mac stations are equipped with production software for video, motion graphics, images, web, graphic design and digital book development. The programs included iMovie, Final Cut X and Creative Suite 6, which includes: Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Dream Weaver and InDesign.
TVs with VGA Connections
The following library group study rooms have TVs with VGA connections: LIB 121, 122, 215, 217, 219 and 221.
All Group Study Rooms on the second floor have whiteboards. Whiteboard markers and erasers can be borrowed at the Library Service Desk.
Other Technology in the Library
- Bloomberg Terminal – located on the 2nd floor
- Microfilm Reader – located on the 2nd floor
- Optical Machine Reader – provided by the Centre for Teaching and Learning, located on the second floor