The 2019 Graduate Writers’ Bootcamp is full and the wait list is also full. Individuals on the wait list will be emailed as spots become available.
This three-day event is designed to help UBCO graduate students get summer writing projects off to a productive and healthy start. Our number one goal is to have each participant make progress on a writing project in a supportive environment and to establish habits for personal writing success. Each day begins with a short workshop (focused on strategies for writing success) and a brief accountability check-in where students share their plans for the day. The bulk of each day will be focused on writing. Snacks and lunches will be provided.
Location: Sessions will take place in LIB 111, on the main floor of the Library. During writing time, quiet study rooms will be available; participants will be able to choose a writing space that works best for their needs.
This boot camp is FREE, but space is limited. Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated.
You may bring your own computer or borrow a laptop from the library front desk.
How to Register
Please note: Because space is limited, registration for the bootcamp is required.
Please register for this event using the MyWConline system using the following steps:
- If you are a new client, please register in order to use the system.
- When you enter the booking system, please select the Graduate Writers’ Bootcamp schedule from the drop-down list.
- Select the date (May 14) from the calendar symbol beside the NEXT WEEK arrow.
- In order to reserve a spot, click on the 9 AM square on the page.
- On the pop-up registration page, Click on “ADD TO SLOT” under “Group Slot.”
- Once you have registered, the 9 – 4:30 pm time slot will appear in bright yellow when you refresh the page.
- The system will send you a confirmation and a reminder to your email address.
- If all 20 spots are full and you can not register, click on the “clock” next to the date (May 14) and add yourself to the waiting list. If you have elected to receive text message updates when you registered for the system, you will get immediate notice when a space opens up – if not, the system will send an email when a spot opens up. (Feel free to update your profile at any time to start or stop receiving updates).