What is the Thesis Formatting Service?
The Library and the Centre for Scholarly Communication, in collaboration with the College of Graduate Studies, is offering a Thesis Formatting Service to all graduate students. The service respects the academic purpose and integrity of the thesis writing and submission process and includes services such as:
- Formatting of tables of contents and lists of figures, tables, and illustrations
- Formatting of margins, line spacing, indentation, title pages, page numbering, and headers and footers
- Text formatting, including styling headings, case corrections, and pagination
- Alignment of tables, graphs, charts, and figures
How can you use the Thesis Formatting Service?
Graduate students who wish to take advantage of this service must:
- Submit a signed copy of the Thesis Formatting Service Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agree to pay a fee in accordance with the terms of the Agreement
What happens next?
Library staff will:
- Perform a component review
- Format the document to conform to the specifications provided by the College of Graduate Studies
- Flag third-party material lacking copyright permission statements
When you pay the fee in full, the reviewed and formatted thesis will be released to you via the UBC Workspace 2.0 – Self-Service Portal.
If you have further questions about the Thesis Formatting Service, or require additional information on the scope of the service, please email email@example.com.
The College of Graduate Studies has also created several additional resources to help you format your thesis: