As per our policies, accounts will be disabled after two no-show appointments. Appointments must be cancelled at least 8 hours in advance. You can book same-day appointments, and you can book up to 7 days in advance.
is available 24/7 for on-line writing support for undergraduate-level course-related writing assignments from Tuesday, May 23 – Wednesday, August 9, 2017. No appointment is needed. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for a response, more during peak times.
What You Can Expect from a WRC Consultation
- The consultant will ask you questions about the requirements of the assignment (please bring it).
- To focus the time, the consultant will inquire about your writing concerns and consider prior feedback.
- After reviewing portions of the writing with you, the consultant will provide a reader’s impression of your writing, and respond to your questions about the writing process, your style, the organization of the material, the clarity of ideas, and any other concerns that arise.
- In order to support your development as a self-editor, the consultant may refer to handouts, writing manuals, and examples from your writing to review issues regarding grammar or punctuation.
- Finally, the last 5 – 10 minutes of each session will involve the creation of a revision plan.
As per our policies, consultants will not edit student writing. In order to preserve your control over your work, consultants will not write on it. In addition, they will not comment on grades.