The Centre for Scholarly Communication offers many workshops geared to specific research projects and processes, such as “Writing the Research Article,” “Selecting Quality Journals for Publication,” and “Research Data Management.” Faculty members are welcome to attend all workshops.
See below for registration instructions.
How to Register for a Workshop
Please register for workshops using the MyWConline system using the following steps:
- If you are a new client, please register in order to use the system.
- When you enter the booking system, please select the Workshops schedule from the drop-down list.
- Select the workshop date that you are interested in from the calendar symbol beside the NEXT WEEK arrow.
- In order to reserve a spot in a workshop, select the appropriate square on the page.
- If others have already registered click on “ADD TO SLOT” under “Group Slot” on the pop-up page.
- Once you have booked the workshop, your selection will appear in bright yellow.
- The system will send you a confirmation and a reminder.
- If the workshop is full, click on the “clock” next to a specific date and add yourself to the waiting list. If you have elected to receive text message updates when you registered for the system, you will get immediate notice when a space opens up. (Feel free to update your profile at any time to start or stop receiving updates).
Graduate Writers’ Bootcamp
Each spring the Centre for Scholarly Communication organizes a three-day Graduate Writers’ Bootcamp designed to help UBC Okanagan graduate students get summer writing projects off to a productive and healthy start. Look out for registration dates as this event fills up fast!
Are you an Undergraduate student?
The Student Learning Hub offers a variety of writing workshops and learning seminars designed to align with assignment deadlines for most courses. Visit the Student Learning Hub website website for the latest information on workshops and other learning opportunities for undergraduate students. Registration is not necessary for most workshops.