Thanks to everyone who participated! Here is a great list of Books to Move You!
- The Impossible Climb by Mark Synnott
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- League of Denial, Little Girls in Tiny Boxes by Joan Ryan
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- Camino de Santiago by Hape Kerkeling
- Aboriginal Peoples & Sport in Canada by Janice Forsyth and Audrey R. Giles
- Rocky IV (screenplay)
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The Game by Ken Dryden
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K Lee Guin
- Yukon Hiking: A little Guidance in a Wild Landscape by Marko and Meghan Marjanovic
- Albatross by Terry Fallis
- The Illegal by Lawrence Hill
- The Hockey Song, by Stompin’ Tom Connors with Pictures by Gary Clement
- The Farm Team, by Linda Bailey, Illustrated by Bill Slavin
How does it work?
From February 1 to 23, tag @UBCOLibrary in an Instagram post (story or feed) about your favourite book on movement or sports. You can also provide your recommendation by commenting on our posts. Along with tagging @UBCOLibrary, you can join the wider conversation by including #ubcolibraryrecs and #moveUBC in your posts. Enter as many times as you like. The more recommendations = more chances to win!
- Contest is open to UBC Okanagan students, staff and faculty.
- All entries must be received by midnight on February 23, 2021 (PST).
- All Instagram handles that have replied with comments to @UBCOLibrary posts, or tagged @UBCOlibrary within personal posts, will be entered in a random draw.
- Contest winners will be announced on Instagram on February 24, 2021
- Winners must email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for prize pack delivery. Verification of Instagram account ownership will be required. Direct messages will be sent once to account holders to notify them of winning status. Prizes must be claimed by March 15, 2021.