Inclusive Technology Lab
Study and Research with Assistive Technology
- The Inclusive Technology Lab provides students with a technology borrowing collection, six assistive technology workstations, a distraction-reduced study space, and an accessible group study space.
- The Inclusive Technology Lab is a partnership between the Library and the Disability Resource Centre.
Location and Contact
- Located in LIB 101, just inside the first set of doors to the Library
- the door requires a keycard and has an accessibility button on both sides
- Open during UBC Okanagan Library Hours
- Email: email@example.com
How do I get access to the Inclusive Technology Lab?
Complete this form. You will receive a confirmation email that includes a link to the orientation video.
Keycards are borrowed, so you will need to have a UBCcard before you can receive your keycard.
ITL Assistant: Peer Tech Help
- Drop in times for assistance with learning to use and troubleshoot assistive technology
- Winter 2023 Schedule: Mondays 2:30m-4:30pm and Thursdays 11am-1pm
- View ITL Videos to get started
How do I borrow assistive technology?
Visit the Library Service Desk, present your UBCcard, and fill out a Technology Borrowing Agreement form (once per year). The loan period is 7 days and can be extended to the end of the term. ITL items can be recalled by others and will then have a shortened loan period.
The Inclusive Technology Lab in LIB 101 includes:
- 6 Dell workstations that have the standard campus student computer template, plus the following assistive software programs: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Read & Write, and Inspiration. MS Magnifier is also installed as part of Windows 10.
- 2 Epson Perfection V600 scanners and 1 printer
- A variety of ergonomic chairs and adjustable height workstations
- 6 study carrels in a distraction-reduced study space
ITL Technology in the Library:
- 6 workstations in the Library provide access to the following assistive software programs: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Inspiration and Read & Write. These workstations are located on the first floor in row LB1039 to LB1044.
Visit the Library Service Desk to borrow:
- Dell Laptops with assistive software
- Livescribe pens
- Digital recorders
- Reader pens
- Colour portable digital magnifier
Electronic Accessories & Headphones
- Headsets with microphone (for dictation)
- Noise cancelling earmuffs
- Portable CD/DVD player
- External speakers
- Listen Display Receivers with Headphones