UBC Okanagan offers bookable spaces in The Commons and EME buildings for all UBC Okanagan students, faculty, and staff. Before you book space in the Commons building, please be aware of the following policies as they relate to all room bookings.
Policies relating to Covid-19:
- Bookings can only be made by one person.
- Most rooms have a two-person maximum occupancy.
- Users must follow capacity guidelines and abide by social distancing measures.
- Users must abide by and are expected to follow all protocols.
- Users must clean the space before and after use, according to instructions provided.
- Do not move, add or remove furniture.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours; up to 6 hours per week, per person.
- Bookings can be made up to 21 days in advance.
- Individuals who are more than 10 minutes late forfeit their booking time.
- Only graduate students can book Graduate Study Rooms on Floor 3 of The Commons
Informal learning spaces (not bookable)
There are many open and informal learning spaces at UBC Okanagan, including spaces in the Commons, EME, and Arts buildings. Students must abide by social distancing measures and are expected to follow protocols related to preventing the spread of Covid-19.
The Commons: Including the D. Ross Fitzpatrick Great Hall (upper and lower), Galleria, Lois and Cliff Serwa Reading Room, North Reading Room, and Graduate Commons.
Engineering, Management, and Education (EME): Including the lower level, mezzanine, and foyers.
Arts: Including the main foyer, atrium, and corridors.