UBC Okanagan offers bookable spaces in The Commons and EME buildings for all UBC Okanagan students, faculty, and staff. Before you book space in the Commons building, please be aware of the following policies as they relate to all room bookings.
- Bookings can only be made by groups of 2 or more UBC students, faculty and staff.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours; up to 6 hours per week, per person.
- Bookings can be made up to 21 days in advance.
- Groups who are more than 10 minutes late forfeit their booking time.
- The Library has 2 study rooms and a bookable recording studio. The Commons has 31 study rooms.
- Only graduate students can book Graduate Study Rooms COM310A & COM310C on Floor 3 of The Commons. Request access by following the instructions.
Informal learning spaces (not bookable)
There are many open and informal learning spaces at UBC Okanagan, including spaces in the Commons, EME, and Arts buildings.
The Commons: Including the D. Ross Fitzpatrick Great Hall (upper and lower), Galleria, Lois and Cliff Serwa Reading Room, North Reading Room, and Graduate Commons.
Engineering, Management, and Education (EME): Including the lower level, mezzanine, and foyers.
Arts: Including the main foyer, atrium, and corridors.