What We Teach
- developing research skills + strategies
- citation support + management
- literature reviews
How We Teach
- customized workshops
- guest lectures
- co-led sessions
- single sessions
- multiple integrated or embedded sessions
In the classroom
What does collaboration look like?
- Integration into first year English classes and micro library instructional sessions
- Integrated support in systematic review courses
- Scaffolded research support within a department
- Implementation of case based learning strategies
Library instruction can occur in a variety of ways depending on your goals including:
- A single session ranging from 30 minutes to 3 hours
- Multiple integrated sessions ranging from 30 minutes to 90 minutes per session
In order for library instruction to be effective it should be developed in collaboration between the subject librarian and the class instructor. Please consider booking a short meeting with your subject librarian to discuss library instruction that is appropriate for your class.
Here are a few things your librarian will need prior to instruction:
- Preferred date and time
- Assignment(s) + syllabi
- Session goals, what do you want your students to get out of this
- A date and time to meet to discuss above
Librarians can review your existing assignments, or work with you to design assignments that are:
- Supported by the library collection
- Scaffolded to break out research skills into manageable chunks
- Meet the goals and objectives of the course
“I like to think of subject librarians as facilitators for access and integration of information, whether that is simply where to start a search, or doing a fully developed literature review.”
Sajni Lacey, Learning and Curriculum Support Librarian
Find out all the ways in which the Library supports undergraduate students including one-on-one consultations, online resources, and myriad support services for writing, research, and citations.
Centre for Scholarly Communications
The CSC supports graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, staff and faculty in disseminating their research. The CSC provides one-on-one consultations and workshops about all aspects of scholarly communication.
Citation Style Guides
Get access to helpful citation style guides and learn more about citation help available at the library.
Student Learning Hub
The Learning Services Hub offers undergraduate learning support and is located on the second floor of the Library.